Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Few Randoms ...

Ok ... after going back and looking at my blog I realize that I made a crucial mistake. My address!! It appears (my own fault) that I once had a slight typo when publishing my address. Allow me to correct this now. My address is NOT 704 Axis Ima, but 705 Axis Ima. Whoops!

Tara McPherson
705 Axis Ima
4-15-23 Ima Okayama City
Japan 700-0953

Don't worry... I have received all of my mail thus far. Thankfully because there is no apartment 704. Actually there is no apartment anything-04. Four is considered very unlucky in the Japanese culture. The Japanese don't like the number 4 because of the pronunciation. Four is pronounced "shi" which is the same pronunciation as death. Therefore, many hospitals don't have these numbers as the room number or even the floor number and there are no seats with number 4 on passenger planes of the All Nippon Airways. Similar to 13 back home.

I didn't even really notice that my mail was coming to 704 because it was being delivered just like normal and none of the post workers said anything until the other day when the delivery man came & continued to point to my address & talked animatedly for about a full five minutes. I had no idea what he was saying but I responded with the typical head nod & after he left, I made up my own translation. Basically what he said (in my mind) was, "Tell those few people out there that are sending you mail to send it to 705. I know hardly anyone sends you mail and the mail that you do get is extremely important to you and you want to get mail everyday (as opposed to once every month), so please tell them to send it to 705." I just know that is what he said. :)

In the future .... 705.

And - one more thing. I have been trying to blog in chronological order but all that is doing is stressing me out. Sometimes I want to blog about something & then I think I can't because I haven't finished writing about the trip I took a month ago and my blood pressure starts to rise and I become nauseous (ok I don't really). Anyway, if anyone cares, I'm going to start blogging about whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. I run this thing. :)

Looking forward to the mail that will start flooding my mailbox at 705 now (if you picked up on the hint) :)
much love
-tara-
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Tara
    Kylee sent ya a letter this lastr week and Kory and family just mailed a letter this week, so it's comin, Just a reminder to all those who look at this blog,Taras 25th B-Day is in 3 weeks and mail takes about 7 to 10 days so get on it . Love Ya Babe MOM XXXXXOOOOO

    ReplyDelete