Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Computer Drama ...

ok .. My computer is having major issues. After chatting with Dell (repeatedly) they have figured that my computer screen is not properly functioning and needs to be replaced. Basically every time I start my computer the screen only stays lit for about 30 seconds and then the screen goes almost black. Almost. Dell was not helpful in the least (despite the fact that my computer is only 3 months old) and told me there was nothing I can do since I life outside the United States. It appears as though I am going to have to send my computer back to the states and have it repaired and then have it shipped back to Japan. It's going to be expensive, but I can't go without my computer! I'm slightly irritated, but there's nothing I can do so I'm getting over it.

What does this mean for you? It means that I won't be posting any blogs, unless I can do it from school and my phone calls will be limited because my phone is on my computer. Ugh. Keep checking, but I don't know when you're going to get part ni (part two) of my Tokyo trip.

Sorry!!

much love,
-tara-
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. boy you would really think it
    would be easy to get that fixed for nothing . or buy a new one for
    nothing ? am im wrong ?
    hey , i'm very happy too see your traveling , see all you can
    take more pictures with you in them !
    love you baby girl !!! dad :{)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope your learning the language
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. TAra, Dell is avery hugh company but the last thing they wasnt is bad PR. You need to E-Mail their coperate HQ and explain that you are TDY to Japan for 1 yr. Still a USA citizen and willing to shar your computer disatisfaction on your blog and those of your friends. If they can outsource their customer service to India and you have to live with that they can darn well replacee your computer in JAPAN!!. Give it a try. Granpa Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara
    I know your computer will be fixed soon, and you'll be back blogging like crazy. Dell is a big disappointment that's for sure. Wish you didn't have to deal with all that, but just don't let it mess up your adventure. XO MOM

    ReplyDelete