Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The End of New Zealand ...

I realized after posting the last blog that I really didn't give the kiwi the amount of attention it deserved. Especially considering that it was important enough for me to track down at the zoo in the middle of winter when I had less than four hours to spare. So here is a little info ...
"A kiwi is any of the species of flightless birds endemic to New Zealand. At around the size of a domestic chicken, kiwi are by far the smallest living ratites. All kiwi species are endangered. The kiwi is also a national symbol of New Zealand. The kiwi lays the largest egg in comparison to its body size" (wikipedia, duh).

Daniel took this awesome video of the kiwi while we were searching for them in the kiwi house:

I also found this video I took of the adorable sun bears
(my apologies for the fact that it's sideways):

Ok, that's the end of the zoo & New Zealand. I made a brief stop at a book store and the Wellington Museum before heading back to the hotel and then to the airport.

Wellywood to Brisvegas, eh?

Pretty much how I'll remember New Zealand, along with all the good stuff obviously:


much love
-tara-
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment