Monday, August 6, 2007

Sunday Funday

Sunday -

Us ladies (Clo, Amanda, and myself) decide to try a restaurant called Jolly Pasta for lunch. It's right down the street and sounds appealing. Things are looking good, the menu has pictures, and the food sounds edible. Amanda decides to get pasta, Clo a baked pasta of some sort & I decide to stick to the norm (or as close as you get to norm around here) and order pizza. We decide that the pizza looks as though it is plain cheese. Fantastic. I order with confidence and the pizza looks good when it arrives. Everything always has some sort of seasoning on it so I think nothing of the 'sprinkles' on top and I cut myself a slice. Man, I'm hungry. I take one bite (sprinkle-free) and am slightly disappointed, as I always am when I eat pizza here. It's just not like pizza at home. No ooey gooey cheese, no pepperoni, definitely no garlic sauce. But the pizza is ok for Japanese pizza. That was, until, bite number two. Why does my pizza taste like fish? Sick. I think I might vomit. There must be some mistake ... Did anyone order fish & maybe some snuck onto my pizza? You don't put fish on pizza ... that's disgusting. The realization hits me and I suddenly feel ill. If my face wasn't pink from the heat it would have turned white. I know it. It's anchovies. I've never had them before but I have had them now. I no longer feel safe ordering pizza. Note to self - never trust 'sprinkles'.

We take the train to Kurashiki (koo-ra-shee-kee). We walk around, visit shops, see fish, watch street vendors, and admire the 'old Japanese' feel (despite the 95 degree heat).



The view outside the train station:
The actual train station:






Doing a little street vending ...

Amanda & Clo are scoping out the goods ...

A restaurant with plastic food in the showcase so you can see what you get :)

Japanese candy store ...

This man pulled people around in this card. I think he's a fool. It's SO hot!

We also got to the 100 Yen store. It's like a dollar store, only way better & huge. Two floors. I bought some school supplies to help me prepare for the upcoming week. This week will be better than last. It has to be!

The 100 Yen store:


Tomorrow is Monday - back to work!
sayonara ... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment