Monday, August 6, 2007

My Bike, My Blog, My Phone, My Train ...

Ok ... I've given the daily update since I arrived. I have officially been here for one week and, surprisingly, I feel like I have been here longer. Things are normal & routine now & I'm settled. I'm still adjusting to some things, but for the most part I'm feeling good. :)


Now - If I no longer give daily blog updates, don't be upset. I will continue to blog, but I don't know how detailed and how often. Depends on how busy I am. I will continue to write, so continue to check, but maybe not as specific to my daily life. We'll see.

My phone is finally here!!! I have successfully signed up with Skype and now have a new phone number. My number is ... write it down ... memorize it ... whatever it takes ... 402-403-1721. Call me!!! I have voicemail, too. So leave me a message. Most people have free long distance on their cell phone, so dialing me would be the same. From a landline standard long distance fees apply. I can also call you but it shows up as 0 on the caller id (for those who screen). I'm not kidding - call me!!

My bike is something else. Let me tell you. It totally fits in here though. Everybody has a bike like mine. Which can also be a problem at the train station where there is literally a sea of bikes. Surprisingly I can carry a lot on my bike. Put some stuff in the basket & strap some onto the back & you're good. My bike also has a light (law says I must turn it on in the evening) and a sophisticated lock that requires a key. The key must be in the bike in order for it to go. Kind of like a car. Oh how I miss my car.


Here she is, in all her glory:

This is the 'sea of bikes' at the train station. My station is small & these pictures only shows half of the bikes, so imagine the bikes at a larger station. Sometimes I get so confused. It's way worse than trying to find your car in a parking lot!





Sorry to disappoint, but I will NOT be posting a picture of me riding the bike. :)


Here are some pictures of my train station and what 'the train' all entails. I'm slowly, but surely, getting the hang of it! I just pray I don't get lost again!

The stairs are always fun! There's like 100. & Clo demonstrating the agony in walking 'the stairs' multiple times a day.


The train schedule (that I still don't know how to read) .... The train tracks. There are so many trains coming in ... this can be confusing.



Clo waiting patiently for her train to arrive. She's on the opposite platform because she is going to opposite way :) I've figured out that much thus far.
The much needed vending machines on the platforms. I typically get the Gatorade, but there's Pepsi, Mt. Dew, teas, & water (& a whole bunch of stuff I don't know).


And the train! Or at least one of the many .... It pulls up, opens the doors, lets people off, waits like 30 seconds & is off again. Quite a quick process.




Just some more insight into my world.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAH your bike...its hilarious. I really want to see one of you on it. I bet you look sweet!!

    ReplyDelete