Thursday, August 9, 2007

My Fabulously Small Apartment...

Here it is. My apartment. It's incredibly small. My first reaction was, "Where is the other half?" After I moved the furniture, gave it a little 'Tara touch' and settled in, it's great. Allow me to give the virtual tour.
This is the front door #2. After you walk in the actual front door, you arrive here. Remember - take off your shoes before entering!


To the right (again before you walk in the front door #2), is the shoe closet. Much smaller than my shoe closet home, but take notice to the 'house shoes' on the bottom shelf. You must go barefoot or wear house shoes inside.


We still have yet to enter the actual apartment. The bathroom, excuse me - the room with the toilet, is located on the left. It's so small & you have to wear yet another pair of shoes in the bathroom.


This toilet is super special. On the back (where the typical tank is) is a faucet. Once you flush, water begins to flow from the faucet. It's rather strange. There is a towel hanging up, but I don't really know where to put the soap.


These are the buttons on the toilet. Careful not to push the wrong one! :)


Now we officially enter the apartment. This is the alarm/intercom system and the light switch.


The kitchen is tiny. This is it. There is a dorm fridge & a garbage can to the right. The stove has 2 burners and the oven (if you even call it that) is that little black drawer under the stove. I don't think I'll be using it often.


To the left of the kitchen is bathroom #2. This room has the washer, dryer, sink and connecting shower room. The green thing is the sink. It looks pretty sweet. The control panel on the far right is the controls for the dryer inside the shower room.


To the right of the sink is a door to the shower room. The entire room is the shower/bathtub.


The bathtub is rather large. About the only thing.


Yes indeed, it is a TV in the bathtub. The controls are in Japanese (which I don't understand) and the channels are all in Japanese as well. Sometimes I turn it on for fun, or to watch a little Japanese baseball.


The dining room.


& the rest of the apartment. Nice, but small. And under-decorated.


Behind the sliding doors is my closet, I mean bedroom.


I think the bed is smaller than a twin. It does the job though. My pillow & blanket are from home. :)


I try to cram everything into the closet. It's so messy, but decent in size. Nothing like the 4 closets I had at home!


I also have a balcony, veranda, patio, what have you. I was going to take a couple snapshots but one night, while I was innocently on the phone with my mother, I opened the door and rested my hand on the wall not noticing this creature creeping around. After about a minute I move my arm and, upon witnessing this horrid insect, animal, creature, whatever, I freak out. Slam the door, begin shouting at my mother, call Amanda upstairs, and eventually permanently shut the curtains. I'm still slightly nervous to venture out. This thing was as big as my hand. Who votes that it's a bat? Ick! I can no longer recount the event. It's making my stomach turn. Maybe in a few weeks I will regain my bravery and venture out. Until then, my curtains are closed.



There's the tour. I hope you enjoyed. I'll gradually collect home decor and the look will improve. But for now, it's my home.

much love,
-tara-
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Tara, enjoyed reading your blog! When Latisha and I were in France, we watched TV in French. Click it to a familiar show(if you can find one) and script it with your English speaking friend. Quite comical! Like watching Bruce Lee movies attempted in English where the mouths move at different times!

    ReplyDelete