Monday, August 20, 2007

Some Interesting Things ...

I'm sitting here going through my mail. My Japanese bills that I obviously can't read, despite how hard I try and junk mail. Apparently junk mail is universal. But as I look through my mail I think - it would be so nice to get something in English! Hm ... I've been here three weeks without any mail. Something from the states. Something from my loved ones 7,000 miles away. Hint, hint. or how about this - HINT, HINT! :)

I'll just go ahead and repost my address in case anyone forgot.
Tara McPherson
704 AXiS Ima
4-15-23 Ima Okayama City
Japan 700-0953

Boxes, presents, expensive postal are not necessary. Just a little love in an envelope. I have things here to send, but I'm still waiting to go to the post office until pay day! :)
Enough of my pleading for American contact.

A lot of people can't exactly locate me on a map. Okayama City is not usually shown on a map of Japan. You have to look at a more detailed map. I am about one hour (on the bullet train) W-SW of Osaka and about three hours (again, by bullet train) SW of Tokyo.

Obviously that did not work as I had intended. Maybe a link would be more appropriate. http://www.ease.com/~randyj/japanmap.htm

I'm on that map.

Look for me & then write me a letter & then send it :) Sounds like a great idea to me.

much love,

-tara- xoxo

2 comments:

  1. OK Tara, I did figure out that you are 14 hours different in time schedule. Well, we start school tomorrow in Waterloo. I had your two cherubs during summer school and things went well. M will be at Lincoln, so I will see him often. Know that we are all thinking of you! Melissa Flaig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,

    I envy your experiences in Japan, but not the heat you are having to endure.

    Because of your plaintive cry for mail, I'll see if I can get around to writing a letter - in English. Are you picking up any of the language yet? Has school started for you?

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete