Monday, April 13, 2009

St. Patrick's Day ...

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day at a small Irish pub called Skipper's here in Okayama. It definitely wasn't like I typically celebrate at home, but it was me & my amazing friends, with good drinks, having a great time. That's all I need.
Tapio (F1) & I:
St. Patrick's Day is always just a little 'off' in Japan. For example, we celebrated on March 14th. That's weird. And we didn't have any green beer, which is even more weird. The "Irish pub" did redeem themselves by having Guinness, but obviously that's not green.
And why wasn't anyone wearing anything green? Maybe a small handful of us knew the rules of the holiday apparently. F1 & F2 said they didn't know St. Patrick's Day works. Are you kidding me? They're Finnish. Apparently they don't celebrate being Irish there? :)
F2, F1 & myself ... & I'm the only one with any green. Weirdos.
There weren't any decorations anywhere. No leprechauns hopping around, no pots of gold, green beads, or $1 shamrocks that benefit Cystic Fibrosis. Not that those are essential to your St. Patrick's Day, but they always had them at Mulligans. We brought our own stickers in an attempt to Irish things up.
And Lauren took it to the extreme.
It's ok, she's Australian:
My nerd squad ... & I forgot my glasses. DANG!
Richard, myself & Jonathan

Any guesses as to what's in my glass? :)

The best part of St. Patrick's Day was being with some of my favorite people. Regardless of what holiday it is (or isn't), where we are, or what it is that we're supposed to be doing, we always have an awesome time. I super love them.

much love

-tara-

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment