Thursday, April 16, 2009

The End of March ...

I'm going to try oh-so-very hard to get all caught up on these blogs so that I'm not still trying to blog about things that happened in Japan in February once I'm home in America in June. I don't know that my life is all that entertaining anymore and I'm not even sure people still read this stuff, but I'll put in a solid effort nonetheless.
I had a week off at the end of March (what can I say, my bosses love me) and I spent two days in Osaka with my friend Tina and three days in Korea with Naoko with one day of sleeping in between. It was kind of the perfect week off.

Tina and I spent a day in Osaka checking out some temples, visiting a Japanese cemetery (which was kind of cool and kind of not ... although less creepy than American cemeteries because everyone is cremated & I knew there weren't any bodies down there), seeing 3D dinosaur movies, checking out a ninja house, playing air hockey, and riding a deathly ferris wheel. All activities that we thoroughly enjoyed. I take that back. I wouldn't say I 'thoroughly' enjoyed the ferris wheel.
The temple/cemetery:
I don't know exactly how the plots work but I think maybe I'm intrigued enough to ask. I'll have to keep you posted on that one.
We spent the next day at Universal Studios Japan. I can't get enough of this place. There's something about amusement parks ... standing in line for the rides, eating junk food, feeling like you could puke after going on some sort of spinning attraction, leaving without a voice because you left it on the roller coaster the second time around ... that make you feel like a big, awesome kid. You would have to be a serious fun hater to not spend the day at USJ smiling.
Tina & I
So I realize that not everyone has facebook (a social networking website for those who live under a rock ... jk, jk) :) but it's so much easier to post albums of pictures there as opposed to this blog. Fortunately for the facebook challenged, I can post the link and you too can view all of the pictures.
and

much love

-tara-

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment