Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sydney Wildlife World ...

Sydney Wildlife World opened in 2006 and is located on Darling Harbour right next to the Aquarium. There really isn't a whole lot to say about it other than that it was amazing. I got to hold all of these crazy things and feed weird insects and get up close and personal with the native wildlife. Pretty sweet stuff.

Praying Mantises are so strange:
Especially this one ... It was the the size of my forearm & exceptionally creepy.:
I realize that these are just ants, but they were huge.
And had this whole, enormous monster ant colony going on:

Just for Bobbi ... and Larry :)
And then there were the snakes ...
That I got to touch, but I couldn't bring myself to hold it.
These lizards were crazy & I fed them crickets:
I know Kylee would have loved this bird :)And then there were all of these Australian nocturnal rodents.

This one was called a bilby and was actually kind of cute. Actually, maybe it was really cute.

Some sort of Aussie mouse ... not cute.Yet another strange rodent ...
And then there was the butterfly house ...
These were all of the species:
Some of them were huge and some were tiny, but it was crazy walking in because they were everywhere. They would land on you & fly around ... It was a little weird, but kind of cool.
If you look close enough you can seriously find at least 50 of them.
Next up, koalas & kangaroos. :)
much love
-tara-
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment