Monday, September 1, 2008

The Wall of Love ...

From the very first day I arrived in Japan I have saved every piece of mail that has graced my mailbox. Minus the junk mail of course, which is what I typically find. But every once in a while, just when I think people have forgotten my address, I find a piece of love in an envelop and it makes me smile.

Mail is far too precious for me to throw away, but eventually there was a stack taking over my desk. Considering that my walls are all some sort of cork I went out and got a substantial amount of push pins & started hanging everything up. The "Wall of Love" was born.

It started small and gradually expanded to cover the entire wall in my bedroom.
All of the cards, pictures, letters, postcards & packages that I have received, I've hung up.
Birthday cards, Christmas cards, pictures of Madi, I miss you letters, I Love You cards ... they're all there.


And every night before I go to sleep I am reminded of everyone back home and it's bittersweet. For a split second I miss everyone so incredibly much and then I am reminded that I have the most amazing people in my life regardless of how far apart we are. I usually go to sleep a happy girl.

So my first year's mail has covered one wall in my bedroom. I'm going to see how far year two's mail will go. ::hint, hint::

much love

-tara-

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment