Friday, July 11, 2008

Kyoto Tower ...

I swear every big city in Japan has some sort of observation tower and, despite my fear of abnormally tall structures, somehow I always end up going. Kyoto was no exception.

All lit up & looking pretty:

I was convinced we could take one of those 'look, I'm holding the tower' type pictures, but clearly not from where we were standing.

Amanda proving that I had no idea what I was talking about:

The tower stands 131 meters tall & the observation deck is 100 meters above the ground. Definitely not the tallest tower we've been in, but still.

The adorable Kyoto Tower mascot:

And the view from the top ... (I feel like I write that a lot in my blog):

Smile & peace. I'm so Japanese.Kyoto Station, from Kyoto Tower:


There's a huge Buddha out there somewhere:

Amanda, Lindsey, Casey & yours truly
& heading back down, thankfully.
Music to my ears:
This is how happy I was to get my feet back on the ground:

There wasn't a whole lot of information on Kyoto Tower. It's on top of a hotel & there's shopping & an onsen on the lower level & that's about it. No big story, nothing real significant or outrageous & that makes for an easy blog. :)

Finally, but sadly, our weekend in Kyoto came to a close & we had to head home. We headed back to Kyoto Station & made one last trip to heaven, aka the top of the station.

The Daniel sisters on their way up the gigantic escalator:

Lindsey & I, enjoying the free ride up. Who seriously takes the 3,000 stairs?

Here are the rules for the top of Kyoto station:

No smoking

No dogs

No birds? (I wonder if ferret would be ok?)

I can't figure out the fourth one. ??

No playing catch

No rollerblading or skateboarding

No littering

No graffiti

No open flames?


Lindsey, Amanda & I ... tired & ready to head home:

But not before I finally got my sweet picture. Thanks Case! haha

Heading home is always bittersweet. A little sad the adventure is over, yet happy to be heading home. It's still a little strange to me that Okayama is now home, but it feels right and that's a good feeling.
Our shink that is going to take us back to Okayama:
I love the shinkansen. Who doesn't really?

much love

-tara-

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment