Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Shopping in Osaka ...

Everywhere you go in Japan there is good shopping. There are fantastic stores, Prada is comparable to Starbucks with one on almost every corner, and the arcade malls stretch for miles and miles and are filled with everything and anything you can imagine. Living in Cedar Falls back home completely deprived me of the means necessary to stack a brilliant closet, but here in Japan you can get it all. The only problem is that it doesn't exactly fit my 'western' style (and by western I don't mean cowboy hats & belt buckles).

Amanda and I like to go shopping in Osaka. Shin Sai Bashi Suji is a large shopping district with just about anything and everything imaginable for purchase. Kind of like heaven I can imagine. :)

This is what an arcade mall is like:
They're like half inside, half outside & typically packed with people. You can find them in every city ... believe me, I've found them.

Amanda and I share a love for Kate.
That's the first thing I noticed about Amanda - we both have the matching Kate Spade handbag, wallet & messenger bag. Instant soul mates. :)
The Nike Store in Osaka is pretty impressive and apparently you can go in and design your own shoes. It's the hot thing to do in Japan.
There's a Sanrio store with three floors of all that is Hello Kitty. Amanda loves it so I snapped this illegal shot of Hello Kitty on her wedding day just for her. Who did she marry? Daniel? I thought he moved to Africa? I'm trying to follow this whole Hello Kitty storyline but I don't really get it.
We went to the Disney store and I'm pretty sure my foot does not fit the Cinderella slipper. Everyone in Asia has small feet anyway ... the shoe is probably a size 4. I'd rather have the heels from Prada anyway. :)

Here is some of the wildness that is Japanese fashion:
Tights, leg warmers & leggings:
Always lots of lingerie:
Seriously, I'm not joking:
much love
-tara-
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment